Colorado Summer – on a plate
Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 Roasted Poblano Peppers (roast your own, or find them at local markets or stalls)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese or other shredded mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 2-4 cups Real Food Ready Chili
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper. Carefully stuff each poblano with a layer of leftover chili (we love to use the 3 Bean Superfood Chili or Chicken & Chorizo Chili), approximately 1/3-1/2 cup per pepper. Add 1- 1 ½ tablespoons of the crema to each pepper, then top them all with shredded cheese.
- Transfer baking dish to the upper middle rack in the oven and cook for ten minutes. Turn on the broiler to high, and cook until the cheese is golden brown, about five minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serve stuffed poblanos with seasonal veggies and sides.