Sweet Potato Fries
Homemade, oven-baked sweet potato fries are the perfect side dish for almost any meal!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes (yams) (about 2 medium-large or 3 medium)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425° Fahrenheit
- Prep 2 large, rimmed baking sheets by lining them with parchment. We find this works much better than greasing the pan – and is an important step in getting crispy fries.
- Wash and prep your sweet potatoes. OPTIONAL: peel them or leave the skin on – your preference! Slice into 1/4" "skinny" fries. The thicker you cut them, the less likely they will be to get crispy. Be sure to cut them as evenly as possible, so they cook uniformly.
- Put fries into a large mixng bowl and coat with the cornstarch and salt.
- Next, drizzle with oil. Toss them gently so that they are coated in oil and there is no more visible dry cornstarch.
- Arrange half the fries on one baking sheet, and the remainder on the other. Be sure they are spread evenly on each sheet tray, and are not piled on top of one another.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and carefully turn them.
- Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes – keeping a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Optional: Toss with additional seasonings such as black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder or fresh herbs