Toasted Turmeric Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice toasted
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/4 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups stock, or water vegetable or chicken stock
- (OPTIONAL, but recommended) Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil and add the rice and spices. Stir frequently until the rice and spices are lightly toasted. Be careful not to overcook or burn.
- In a medium pot, add all ingredients together.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit (do not remove the lid) for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.